Yes, I titled this blog post by quoting a Jessie J song. I’m not even sorry.
As you can see the title of this blog post, I want to talk about having confidence in yourself and your body. I know for a fact that I will see a perfectly slim girl in the street and wish I had her body, her perfect skin, her naturally tanned legs and just wish in general that I could slip out of my own body and become that person. I have gone through many a stage in my life where I have been uncomfortable in my own skin and hated everything about myself; being the first one to criticize my own flaws whilst spotting the perfections that I see in everyone else.
But here’s a reminder in case you needed it today: You are beautiful.
Yeah, you might have days where you’re not looking your best but that doesn’t mean that you are not beautiful. Because you are.
Ignore those who might put you down because you don’t fall into their version of perfect.
- You will always be someone’s version of perfect.
- Be your own version of perfect.
Something that I have learnt is that when you stop comparing yourself to everybody else, you will start to feel much more comfortable with yourself. Be the best version of yourself that you can possibly be and that should be good enough for you.
I just wanted to write this post to tell you all that you are beautiful and you should acknowledge that once in a while. Yes, over time your body may have changed. That is natural. You’re not going to stay the same size as you were when you were 8. I’m forever looking at pictures of me when I was younger and seeing how thin I actually was and wishing that the gap in my thighs was still there, but its not and that is okay.
So five things that I want you to take away from this blog post:
- You are beautiful the way you are.
- Your body is going to change in ways you did not expect. If you are 12 and reading this, puberty hits and it will make you feel uncomfortable and awkward but your body is changing and you are becoming a beautiful young adult.
- Stop comparing yourself to the girls in magazines.
- If you want to change your body in any way, make sure you do it in healthy ways and do it for yourself, not because anyone else has said you should change.
- Like I said before, be your own version of perfect and look after yourself.