I believe that we spend way too much time thinking about the negative things in our lives than the positive. We are quick to imagine the worst possible outcomes instead of thinking of a positive outcome from a circumstance… and this needs to stop. Its easier said than done, trust me I know. But lets take this moment to consider the top 5 things that make us happiest in our lives.
- My family and my girlfriend. – I was going to put these two things separately but thinking about it, they both come under the same topic. My girlfriend is a part of my family now, which always feels nice to say. Both my family and my partner have supported me through some tough times and have consistently pulled me through. My siblings – I am the oldest of 6 – make me smile every single day, and to watch them grow up has been an extraordinary experience which I am thankful for. Living in my house is exactly like one big musical, someone is always singing, dancing or being overly emotional or dramatic. It’s great. I am also super chuffed with the relationship my partner has with my family, its something I have always wanted and I love watching that relationship grow with each passing day. Plus, I will never forget the day that my girlfriend travelled 20 minutes on a train at midnight to visit me when I was sad so that I didn’t have to be on my own. Forever grateful.
- My dog. – My dog is my best friend. She’s called Hannah and she is two years old – finding her forever family within us just over a year ago now. She was a Romanian street dog and had already had a litter of puppies before she even arrived to our home, having only been a puppy herself. My dog is always there. I don’t know what it is but she just makes me happy. I’ll stroke her belly and if I stop, she will paw at my hand to make me continue and it’s the most precious thing in the world.
- Food. – Put simply, I love food. I love going to new restaurants and trying new things. My favourite thing is finding a cute little restaurant or cafe tucked away in a little side street, but serving the tastiest food. I’m forever dragging my girlfriend to all of these different places and making her try new things. She’s that person who will say they don’t like something until they try it… and then its all they eat for about a month straight. (Sorry babe, its the truth).
- Demi Lovato. – I know this is a silly one, but Demi Lovato truly does make me smile. I’ve been a fan of her since I was around 14 years old and have met some of my best friends through her. On the 1st June 2014, she held a small concert for just over 3000 people (maybe less) at KOKO in Camden, London and it was the most beautiful, intimate concert that I have ever attended. Also, at that concert, I purchased a VIP package for her show which consisted of a photo with her, and access to an exclusive soundcheck performance. Let me tell you now, meeting her was one of the best memories I have. I mean, tripping over in front of her was not a high point, but seeing her smile at me as it happened was pretty cool. I think that I might write another blog post about my experience with Demi because I could seriously talk about it for ages.
- My friends.- Put simply, my friends are great. My “normal” friends, my work friends, my online friends. They’ve supported me through so much and continuously pull me up when I am in a slump. They’re stupid, they annoy me, they don’t always say the right things, but they’re freaking amazing. They’re kind and thoughtful and funny and are the strongest group of people I have ever met. Each one of them having been through their fair share of sh*t, they always manage to pull themselves, and other people through.
So, those are 5 of the many things that make me happy in the world. I could honestly name so many more but that would make this more of an essay than a simple little blog post. For 2019, lets try and think about what makes us happiest in the world and appreciate these much more.
Comment down below the top 5 things that make you happiest!
Thanks for reading,